11 Ways to Boost Your Positive Mindset Today (and Every Day!)
You're more than just a business owner – you are the CEO, and you need to step into your role as a positive leader, even if the only person you lead is you. Your business depends on you, but how you approach each day will influence your productivity.
Feeling confident about what you must do today will lead you to be more productive than giving in to feelings of negativity and overwhelm, eventually leading to less confidence and wanting to quit whatever project you are working on. Instead, focus on changing your mindset to one of positivity. Instead of focusing on your problems or feeling down, see it as a positive opportunity for growth and improvement. Believe in yourself and that you will take on whatever struggles try to knock you off your path during the day.
Here are 11 ways you can shift your negative thoughts into positive ones:
1. Start your day with positive affirmations. Tell yourself that you are going to have a fabbo day. Affirm that you are ready to show up and serve your clients authentically.
2. Practice gratitude. Be grateful you get to do what you love to do as your career. Be grateful that you're working towards your goals for growth by building a career and life you want while paying bills and making an impact.
3. Set aside some quiet time during the day, before you start or end your day, for reflection, meditation, or journaling. Put your energy into visualizing achieving your goals and focus on finding a solution to move past a roadblock or find answers to a problem.
4. Create business boundaries. Set business hours and schedule your time for yourself, friends, and family. Make your day(s) off and any breaks during the day a priority. Everything else is scheduled, so why not your free time?
5. Take notice of small accomplishments during the day. Celebrate your wins regardless of their size. Even the smallest accomplishments can lead to great things.
6. Look for the good in people, give them the benefit of the doubt if needed, and do the best they can with the information they have. Don't think the worst or that they have an agenda.
7. They often say a messy desk is a sign of a creative person. However, try to keep your office space clutter-free. Even if it's small piles, organize them so you can work through them and stay productive. This way, you'll focus on what's important instead of being distracted with miscellaneous busy work that you keep pushing off to another pile.
8. Add joy to your office with personal mementos. Show off your personality or add things that remind you where you started. For example, showcase some of your awards and accomplishments. Let there be motivation to shift your mindset when negative thoughts get you down. Your office is a space you will spend a lot of time and often alone, so surround yourself with photos and memories that will encourage you to stay positive and keep your eyes on the prize.
9. Include a vision board or whatever you use to plan your business and personal journey. Then, look at it daily to remember your WHY. Your WHY is a big part of your inspiration and motivation and plays a massive role in your personal and professional success. Knowing WHY you're in this business and what you hope to accomplish will keep you positive during the day.
10. Keep negativity, people, and thoughts off your social media feed. You know the saying that "like attracts like" So if you keep reading negative social posts or text from those bringing the negative energy, chances are you'll attract negativity into your own life. It's never easy to step away from toxic people that don't support the direction you want to go. Surrounding yourself throughout the day with positive people doing what you want to do is the best way to keep that positive mindset. Others will also want to be around you for your positive and encouraging influence.
11. As silly and straightforward as it sounds, SMILE. How many times have you heard "turn that frown upside down" and maybe laughed it off, but it works! It also subconsciously makes others smile and emotes a happier tone in your voice when speaking on the phone and even in email. In person, it has an even more significant impact. A positive mood is contagious, and so is your smile.
When you are in the midst of a struggle or hit a roadblock, there are two choices: You can let things get the better of you and wonder why you're always dealt such a rotten hand in life and that your business is doomed to fail, or you can look for the silver lining and the opportunity to continue to believe in yourself and remember why you started your business in the first place and how it will allow you the freedom to have the life you want.
Life is all about your choices, and whether you think positively or negatively affects how you feel. You're in control of this!
If you want to chat further about removing limiting beliefs and shifting your mindset sign up for Motivated to Be Fabbo- Monthly Jolt of Motivation + Encouragement
Join hundreds of creatives on the
Motivated To Be Fabbo
Journey To Becoming The Best Version Of Your
(Because who doesn't want someone cheering them on)
🙌🏻💛🥤⚡🍿 CHEERING ON CREATIVES TO BE FABBO | WE LOVE SHARING POPCORN+KINDNESS, NOT YOUR INFORMATION